A majority of people tend to be insecure about their appearance, thinking that a small wardrobe malfunction or a bad haircut can screw it all up for you. When it comes to the relationship between a person’s appearance and insecurity of oneself, even the tiniest thing matters. Since it’s a person’s face that is most focused when meeting people, people tend to give special attention to making sure that their face looks perfect. Especially, they focus on their smile. Bright white teeth is everyone’s dream for the perfect smile. But, not everyone has it.
Due to bad oral hygiene practices, health factors, and food habits, most people’s teeth tend to take a rather yellowish color. Extrinsic stains or stains affecting the tooth enamel result from tobacco, wine, coffee, chocolate, blueberries, beets etc. intrinsic stains affect the anterior teeth and take the color of brown or yellow. Mouthwashes like chlorhexidine gluconate is one reason that causes these stains.
Tips to prevent yellowing of teeth
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid foods and drinks that cause teeth staining
- Practice good oral hygiene
- See you dentist at least once a year
How to get rid of the stains and have white teeth naturally?
- Make a paste by combining 2 tbs of hydrogen peroxide and 1 tbs of baking soda, and brush your teeth using it
- Brush your teeth for a minimum of 2 minutes with activate charcoal
- Dilute two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in 5 ounces of water and swish the liquid in your month for about 30 seconds
- Swish about 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in your mouth for about 10 minutes before brushing
- Eat fruits with a high percentage of water such as oranges, grapes and watermelons