Bad MakeUp Artists is a subreddit that everyone should check out. It has people posting photos along the lines of “Instagram vs. Reality.” Some are shockingly bad that we feel the need to tell them to take it off.
Pinsandpearls is one of the moderators of the subreddit Bad MakeUp Artists, and said that “Typically, we’re looking at makeup that isn’t applied skillfully – lack of blending where appropriate, terrible foundation color match, messy lines,”
“I don’t think it includes things that are maybe ‘different’ than you would normally see, as long as the actual application is good (editorial makeup, for example). We still allow some of those posts because it usually has a good discussion and taste is subjective, but I think there’s a difference between ‘different’ and ‘bad.’ Bad is pretty obvious when you see it.”
Another moderator is RedHeadedSnatch, and said that, “The only problem I have is when individuals who promote themselves as professionals but do not understand color theory, face shapes, eye shape, or use proper sanitation.”
Anyway, without making you wait, here you go!
1. Oh Boy!
2. Look at the arm!
3. This raises my eyebrows, too!
4. This needs some time to digest
5. I mean, why?
6. The school shirt got some makeup done, too
8. Somebody please show the Buzzfeed photo’s artist what real Geisha makeup looks like
9. Did this guy want to do a Ross from Friends? 1 Mississippi… 2 Mississippi…
10. Wow! The difference between the faces and the hands!