Who doesn’t love food, right?! A bite of your favorite food can get you out of any bad day or moment! However, sadly, some food can give us a bad day, rather than a good day. Food poisoning is unpredictable, you only find out that that sip of the refreshing drink or that little bite of mouth watering food was a Trojan horse, only after you consume it. However, there are some signs that you can keep watch for, in order to know if you’ve been food poisoned.
How does food poisoning happen?
Contaminated food brings food poisoning. Parasites, viruses, and bacteria are the main reasons.
When will you see signs of food poisoning?
Signs will start to show from two to six hours after consumption of contaminated food.
What are some typical symptoms?
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, and headaches.
What symptoms should you not ignore on any account?
1. High fever
A fever of 102 degrees Fahrenheit needs immediate consultation of a doctor.
2. Bloody stools
Internal bleeding could result in bloody stools. Having them too often or too long is not a good sign, and requires a check up.
Frequent vomiting can lead to dehydration. Do not drink anything after your first time of vomiting. After an hour passes since no signs of vomiting, you can try eating some ice chips and taking little sips of a soft sports drink.
A parched mouth, dizziness, and the absence of the need to urinate are signs of dehydration. If drinking fluids make you nauseous, meet the doctor or get an IV from the hospital.
5. Diarrhea for more than three days
This can leave you dehydrated and weak. So, meet your doctor without any delay.
Image source: Pexels